As you may have guessed, we don’t stick too much to strict recipes! Our basic recipe includes:
- Courgette, baked for 30 min
- aubergine, baked for 30 min
- 3 flour tortillas
- One portion of hummus, from a 400 g tin of chickpeas ( in the podcast we tell you how to make hummus)
- 10 sun-dried tomatoes
- One portion of olive tapenade
- Approximately 250 g of cooked basmati rice
- 1 red pepper, seared
- 6 tinned Artichokes
- One portion of baba ganoush
- one portion of falafel mix (in the podcast we tell you how to make falafel)
Grease a springform tin, if you are lucky it will be exactly the same diameter, if not you may have to trim the tortilla to fit the tin.
Start to layer up the cake, place a single layer of alternate courgette and aubergine and fill in the gaps with olive tapenade. Cover the top with a layer of rice.
Add another flour tortilla. At this stage push the flour tortilla down to compact the layer underneath.
Repeat the same principle with courgette, aubergine, artichokes and sun-dried tomatoes.
Top with a final flour tortilla, pushing down evenly to compact the layer underneath and spread the falafel mix on top.
Bake in an oven at 180° for 25 min.
After baking spread the hummus over the top and decorate with any remaining courgette and aubergine.
We have also made this with a range of other vegetables, so long as each layer is quite tightly packed and filled go-ahead and experiment with whatever you have in the fridge.