This week is full days menu of vegan food – starting with a fried breakfast we talk about how to make scrambled tofu, we then move on to eating chocolate cake made using beetroot, gently drifting into an evening meal of skew with dumplings.
We then take a look at a fabulous nutrition chart which gives you simple and easy ideas on how to make sure your nutrition stays balanced on a vegan diet.
Resources and show notes
- Smoked paprika baked beans – https://www.eatyourbooks.com/library/recipes/1933353/paprika-baked-beans
- Liz Cook nutrition chart – https://www.lizcookcharts.co.uk/
- Scrambled tofu recipe
- Chocolate brownie recipe
- Stew & Dumplings – please scroll down
Stew & Dumplings
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes or passata
- 1 Stock cube or bouillon
- What ever you have available! [Hey, you know how we cook by now!]
Finely chop the garlic and onion and fry gently until translucent. We literally the throw in whatever vegetables we’ve got, you could try potatoes, parsnip, carrots, celeriac, leaks, squash, sweet potato. You might also want to add some beans or lentils to get some protein in.
Add in the chopped tomatoes or passata and the stock cube/bouillon. Place everything into a slow cooker and cook for around 6 hours on a low heat.
- 100g Self raising flour
- 50g vegetable suet
Gently mix the flour and so it together by hand in a bowl, add in water tablespoon at a time until you have a thick dough. Form into balls and add to the stew in the slow cooker with the lid on 30 min before the stew is finished.